Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stash and Stashdown


Probably the fattest bobbin I've ever plied!
 I did it! Completed my Stashdown goal... the LNL and Dolly yarn is spun and skeined!  I did take a picture of the full (and do I mean full!) bobbin.

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Pleasant to work with and somewhere between fingering weight and DK.  Handspun isn't perfectly consistent, no matter how hard I try.  Perhaps that is part of the beauty of it after all.


Stashdown goal - February

Anyway, here is a picture of all the skeins after they're wound off, including the ones I finished for the original sampling, the small ball is what was left from the knitted swatch.  I'm really glad I sampled this yarn, because originally I was thinking socks.  Now I'm thinking maybe a shawl or cowl as well.  There should be plenty of yarn to do all of that.  I may spin some more Dolly yarn and use the remainder of the Stashdown yarn for accent on a cabled vest that I've had in my head for a while now.  Working out the design now...

As promised, here are the shots of the new stuff I got to add to the stash.  Birthday presents to me, from me.  Kind of neat to be a grown up and to be able to do that.  Found a great sale at one shop and picked up some high end sock yarn to play with.


Goodies from Studio S
There is some pretty Berocco Jasper in the mix too.  Thought it would be a nice accent, I don't often see olive green and purple together, and I find that I rather like this combination.  The green sock yarn is going to become a neck gaiter for my friend Janet using the "Pretty Thing" pattern from the Yarn Harlot's blog http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

More goodies were found at Needles and Pins (lucky me to have found TWO great yarn shops within a mile of each other).  Interesting that they have such different things, and probably gives me a reason to visit both places - but not too frequently - my budget couldn't handle that!

Needles and Pins stash additions
Found that pretty purple wool and silk blend, and a ball of sock yarn with no apparent match - kind of neat - but it won't be made up into socks, might have a future as a scarf - maybe in entrelac.  That would be fun!

The two small skeins are merino - ahhhhh, such pretty and soft stuff.  I think that is what a cloud must feel like.

Next time, I'll show you the neat stuff I found at the wool show!

No comments:

Post a Comment