Well, here is the nasty Romney in #447 Emerald Green. The darker part is the first dyebath and the lighter one is the clean-up batch I did to get the dye exhausted. This is getting fun now that I have some idea how it all works!
I figured out that I probably didn't have the dyebath hot enough and maybe not enough vinegar the first time around with the pink, so I did some changing on this batch and it went better this time.
Thinking that I rather like the "clean up" color as a nice coordinating color when I make up the batts for spinning. A little planned over packing of the dyepot so the dye doesn't get all the way to the middle is my next experiment.
At this point, I'm kind of playing with brights so I have an idea what the saturation level will be on white wool. My eventual aim is to overdye colored wool - like gray - to get the jewel tones. Or even to blend at the carding level to get more interesting colors and heathered versions.
Off to the next dyebath....